Quebec City at Night HDR

Cero21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first HDR shot combining 5 exposures with a Olympus E-510.

This is Quebec City at night with the Chateau Frontenac Hotel.

No matter what aperture I tried I couldn't get rid of the lens flare but in the end I think it looks kinda interesting.

C & Cs are welcome. Thanks for looking.

942774122_f00d3a62ca_b.jpg

Edit:
Here is the same pic cropped for a 12 x 18 and the lens flare removed using photoshop. Comments?

969011717_455632aa0e_b.jpg

Fantastic shot:

A very nice shot of the city with the camera, composition and lighting. My wife and I love Quebec City, a lot of photo oppurtunities.

Great work with the HDR. Photomatix by any chance?

Paul.

good image, well done the colours make this night time HDR work nicely :thumbup:

Yes, I agree, the tone mapping is nice here, good tones in the buildings.

I love the tall building with the green lighting. Fantastic work.

Nice shot. What are the purple splotches next to the street lamp lights?

The expanse of the city lights in the distance really makes this shot interesting!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Yes, Quebec City really is a beautiful place to take photos.

To answer some questions:
1) Yes, I used Photomatrix. I found Photoshop's HDR function put weird colours in the image.
2) The purple splotches next to the street lamps was lens flare. I've had a couple questions from my friends about it so I decided to remove it. The results have been added to the thread.

2) The purple splotches next to the street lamps was lens flare. I've had a couple questions from my friends about it so I decided to remove it. The results have been added to the thread.

Looks GREAT! :thumbup:

I just wanted to say, thanks for taking the time to write all your nice comments. I hope I can produce more stuff worthy of your time soon!

Awesome & breathtaking!! The colours are great and the photo's so sharp. Wish I could a trip to Quebec City just to photograph it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back