Queen Anne's Lace

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a second candidate for my black and white flower series I'm working on, they are all super shallow DOF and about shapes and lines instead of colours. Eventually I would like to put together a coherent set of these B&W's but for now I'm just adding to the set to get a wide variety to choose from. The first one is in a thread here.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

I love the lighting on this, the detail is stunning, and good compo. :)

Thanks Mwild :)

Saw this in the other place but wasn't able to comment... so very glad I saw it here as well. This is beautiful. I was totally taken with it.

Thanks Chris! :)

This is quite lovely, and I look forward to seeing more of the series! Keep at it, shooting a pile of decent and related work is a lot harder than shooting a single good picture. Take your time and let the project grow organically, but stay focused on the target!

A thought for future reference. Having shot a lot of stuff on black, I am now subscribing to a theory of 'translucent shadows" in which the background is not rendered flat black but rather a deep shadow in which indistinct shapes are visible. This allows more pleasing compositions, because you can place objects back there in the darkness, barely seen and indecipherable, which balance the main thing.

Obviously you are doing YOUR thing, and I am doing MY thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you to chew on, see if there's something you can use in it.

I'm used to seeing queen anne's lace as only the "frothy" view from the top. I really like this side view of the small umbel. It looks spikey, a little crownlike, and a little bit dangerous in your shot. And the bits of spider web thread keep me coming back. :thumbup:

ETA: I hope we get to see a happier rabbit avatar eventually. This one fills me with angst. :lmao:

Thanks Andrew and C!

Andrew, you are absolutely correct, putting this together has been in the works for a long time now and I finally got the first couple shots that I'm happy with, this is definitely going to take a while to put together a coherent set.

Thanks for the suggestion on the background, while I do like it all black sometimes I definitely don't want a whole series of them, I've been playing with the idea of shadows and bokeh as the background on white, the other one I linked in the OP uses that idea, you should check it out ;) here's the link http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/black-white-gallery/332632-green-leaves-branches.html

This one of Queen Anne's Lace was taken with my 18-200, I tried to play with the background with it but I really don't like how it renders it compared to how my 50mm handles it (the shot at the link was taken with the 50mm) It is going to take some playing with all three lenses to see what backgrounds each one is best at.

Thanks C! That as another of my goals, to make the everyday stuff we see, the weeds we overlook etc... beautiful and or interesting :)
Good point about the avatar, I'm not quite banging my head on the wall anymore (although I'm not making much progress on things I should be doing, darn shiny camera keeps distracting me! lol) I'll change it just for you ;)

I saw the leaves&branches, yep! That is also very nice, but not quite as much my personal cup of tea so I haven't much to say there. I like it, though!

Thanks Tim :)

Andrew, thanks for checking it out :)

Thanks Carol :)

I'm used to seeing queen anne's lace as only the "frothy" view from the top. I really like this side view of the small umbel. It looks spikey, a little crownlike, and a little bit dangerous in your shot. And the bits of spider web thread keep me coming back. :thumbup:

ETA: I hope we get to see a happier rabbit avatar eventually. This one fills me with angst. :lmao:

I like the rabbit avatar smashing his head. It makes with teh funneh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back