Queen Ann's Lace in golden light

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
AKA Wild Carrots

12002340_10204991516123982_5226518308546403075_o.jpg

I had never,ever heard it called "wild carrot" until I worked a summer job where I was a combine operator; one day my boss told me that my assignment was to combine a small patch of oats that had been heavily infested with Queen Anne's Lace and as he put it, "Just filled with wild carrot." I asked him what he meant...he pointed to the white, lacy tops of thousands of plants of Queen Anne's Lace that rose above the oats.

After about one minute of running the combine through the oats, the smell of carrot began to seep into the enclosed cabin! After five minutes, the smell of "carrot" absolutely flooded my nostrils! I have no idea what the roots of the plant look like. For all I know, the roots look like carrots. Or maybe not...but the juice the plant gives off is DEFINITELY very,very much like the smell of shredded carrots!

I had never,ever heard it called "wild carrot" until I worked a summer job where I was a combine operator; one day my boss told me that my assignment was to combine a small patch of oats that had been heavily infested with Queen Anne's Lace and as he put it, "Just filled with wild carrot." I asked him what he meant...he pointed to the white, lacy tops of thousands of plants of Queen Anne's Lace that rose above the oats.

After about one minute of running the combine through the oats, the smell of carrot began to seep into the enclosed cabin! After five minutes, the smell of "carrot" absolutely flooded my nostrils! I have no idea what the roots of the plant look like. For all I know, the roots look like carrots. Or maybe not...but the juice the plant gives off is DEFINITELY very,very much like the smell of shredded carrots!

It also looks just like a carrot top when it is first coming up.

KILL IT, KILL IT QUICK, DON'T LET IT GET STARTED!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Most reactions

Back