Queen's Birthday Amsterdam 2006 (15 shots)

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday was Queensday in the Netherlands. We celibrated the Queen's birthday. Or actually the Queen's mother's birthday... Anyway, the whole city of Amsterdam was one big party place with people dressed in our national colours.

We had a great time. Here are some of my shots from yesterday.

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

4 Escape route
IMG_1413.jpg

5 She was on a moving boat, but she was so kind to pose and give me some time to get a good shot with moving camera. She did sing some very out of tune opera stuff.
IMG_1416.jpg

6 Drumband
IMG_1419.jpg

7 Guy on a cello pretending there is no drumband.
IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

15 We usually end Queensday in our friend Jasper's bar. He had a full house so he was very busy.
IMG_1466.jpg

All these are nice. A couple really standout to me, like 3 and 13. It was nice to see some of your country. Thanks for posting.

PS You could have probably put this in the photo journalism part of the forum.

I really like the coloring and reflections in the windows of #3...
The dull building colors accented with the bright color of the man's shirt is just an excellent capture!

Jeroen, that's an awesome awesome series!! Thanks so much for sharing a little piece of Amsterdam life/celebration with us. It looks like such a fun day.

I like that Jasper shot. :)

yeah, dutchies are weird like that, always looking for an excuse to party :mrgreen:
Just wait till the World Cup Soccer starts, its gonna be crazy here........and not for the soccer, just another excuse to party :)

Most reactions

Back