Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am not sure which I like. (First time in here)
11062005-017a.jpg

11062005-017b.jpg

Thanks for any comments.

I like them both, but they give me different feels. The colour one sort of says "gone but never forgotten" and the B+W has a more creepy/in the past feel.

What makes this shot different? The composition in this seems like a quick snapshot. What were you trying to say with this? Why did you choose to shoot it? And all those other essential questions. As far as the comparision between the two, black and white adds more feel, but it needs more contrast IMO. Right now as the pic stands there is too much distraction. What am I supposed to be looking at? This does nothing for me....sorry to sound so harsh, but it seems that there was no thought put into this.

An unkept marker in the graveyard... great subject! As usual, I want more direction or drama in the lighting. Maybe early in the morning... maybe at dusk with bare-bulb flash. Hmmmm.

I shall start by saying I don't like the shot at all. I honestly cannot put my finger on what it is that my eye dislikes but it is certainly there. I feel like there is no composition to it, no particular object of focus and the DOF seems overly large. Sorry to rake your photo.

Hi,

I been busy and only really got to post a shot or two on the gallery.

Thanks for all the comments.

Jon ... duely noted the rules and regs now mate thanks.

XsCode - Thanks, it was the kind of feeling I was trying to get, I do think the b/w is a little too light and should be a lot darker.

Christie - Thanks for the words. I would have tried but when we leftthe wouse it was brillian sunshine but inside 5 mins it turned grey and overcast - Typical British Summer.

Kilifila66 - Your almost right, I tried to get the photo with limited DOF, but the Camera being used was a Fuji Finepix A204 (compact) I didn't have as much control as I could have with a SLR.

Amanda - I was trying to show how unkept and the poor sorry state poor Alfred grave was in .... I admit I think that the photo does need a little cropping to get more focus in to the photo.

Thanks again everyone ... we all learn from lifes journey, I know I have over the years ....

now that you've commented on what you were trying to accomplish with this peice its easier to see that.

It would be neat maybe if you shot it during some bad weather, like some rain or really overcast day.

My only comment in addition to the others is that I would focus/crop on one spot in the pix. Perhaps the unkept stones and shot very close up. Other than that, it is sad story indeed.

Sheila

A change in DOF would have made a huge difference for this shot, but having come from a similar camera (before my DSLR), I can relate to the lack of control I had with it. I'd definitely like to see a little "moodier" lighting as well, which again is out of your control at the moment you took this pic. If you happen to have a chance to get back during a better time for lighting, I think it would make a huge difference. That and a shallower DOF and I think you'd have a very interesting shot.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back