question about a job I received

sean7488

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i got an email from a publishing agency asking me to go out and take pictures of a local conference center. I asked them if the company that owns the conference center, ACE, knows that the agency is writing about them. I asked because it would be easier to go on to the grounds (it's on a golf course so it's really big) to take pictures and that would, I think, require talking to the company and asking them if I could take pictures for the article that they are writing. However, this is the response I got from them:

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]"No, best not to have contact.
That’s all I can say about that..."[/FONT]

What do you think I should do. This is a paying gig but that just seems real iffy to me.

Weird response for sure. Not sure what I would do either.

Forget it and move on - paying gig or not last thing you want is to end up caught in the middle between the publishers and the golfcourse should your photo taking on the day come into question.

If the publishers want to be all cloak and dagger they can do it themselves and the possible resulting aftermath

So i got an email from a publishing agency asking me to go out and take pictures of a local conference center. I asked them if the company that owns the conference center, ACE, knows that the agency is writing about them. I asked because it would be easier to go on to the grounds (it's on a golf course so it's really big) to take pictures and that would, I think, require talking to the company and asking them if I could take pictures for the article that they are writing. However, this is the response I got from them:

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]"No, best not to have contact.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]That’s all I can say about that..."[/FONT]

What do you think I should do. This is a paying gig but that just seems real iffy to me.
That's not how above board photo shoots are arranged. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back