Question about a Sekonic L-308

C

Cuervo79

Ok I went to see a friend of myne to hear his opinions about my first shots, and after a while he asked me. Do you have a flash meter? I said no I ran out of $$, and he says "hey I've got a flash meter for sale" and showed me a Sekonic L-308 the older model not the S.
While giving it a quick look I noticed that the Shutter increments don't have all the stops my Rebel XT has. For example my sync speed is 200 and the sekonic goes over it to 250, I normally work right now in 160 and the sekonic doesn't have that either.
Its used and he's asking about $130, I was not thinking it of buying it since I don't really have the cash right now and in my opinion I go just with the LCD preview and the histogram (I know this does not negate the use of a flash meter) wich is working for me.
So
Would you buy it?
Or wait (posibly 6 months or more) to have the $ to buy a new one?

I have 2 AB800 so I would use them for flash exposure readings and use the in camera meter for natural light only

I have this meter, its an excellent tool, by using your flash at 1/125 sync, and set aperture accordingly you'll get correct exposure, its the flash that captures the subject not your shutter speed

If you work to the old rules and use shutter/aperture increments 1/60 1/125 1/250 1/500 etc you'll have no problems.

This meter was £108 in uk four years back, if it can be had for a straight $100 buy it. H

Most reactions

Back