Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I know absolutely nothing about this kinda thing (hence the reason I don't have a credit card). So, if something says it has a 14.49% variable APR, and it's on something I'm buying for $875.14 after taxes...how much will I be paying per month in interest? Well, I know it will change as I make payments, but...I don't know, a rough estimate, or an explanation of how this stuff works would be great! I feel like an idiot when it comes to finances. I should know this.

corry,

14.4 is not very good at all. there are cards that have 4% and lower...but depending on how quick you pay it off..it should be too bad...

md

Well, it's not actually for a card exactly...I'm wanting to buy a computer from Dell, but the only way I can do it is if I get on a payment plan of some kind. I was approved for their financing dealy, and it's not intrest til April 2005, but then the interest is accrued if you don't have it paid off, and with everything I have to pay for right now, I don't think I'll have it paid off. And the interest rate is 14.49% Variable APR. So, I'm just trying to figure up approx. how much I'll end up paying for this thing.

Actually, if I don't have anything unexpected happen, it might be possible for me to pay it off by April...but I need my camera and plane tickets and supplies for Joshua Tree first! AND Christmas is coming, so I have gifts to buy! I think I'm going light on the Christmas shopping this year! :)

If it's possible, go to your bank and try to get a line of credit. Let Dell carry the financing for the interest free period and then pay it off with the line of credit that is usually at a low rate.

That's an idea. I could pay as much of it off as possible, then I won't have get much from the bank. Good thinking. I think I just may do that!

Dell is counting on you not paying it off my April. In fact, they are counting on you forgetting about it so that in April they can collect the high interest from you.

Safe for it, if you can. Unless, of course, you need it for school or something. I hate debt.

<end of lecture>

Unfortunately I don't really have time to save for it. I'm not gonna have one very soon, so I have to get my own. It's all good. I'm going with Walts idea, if I don't have it paid off by then. But, I'm gonna do my best to just get it paid.

So for everyone I've talked to has told me to go Dell, if I'm not gonna build my own. But there is no way that EVERYONE is going to be happy with them! I would like to know what has brought you to that opinion, too, Shark? Cuz I did sorta just order one this morning! :)

No company is perfect, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Dell. In fact, my boys still use the Dell computer I bought for college back in 1997 :)

I recently bought a new computer through Office Depot. I went in on one of their sales and applied for a credit account with them. No interest for 6 months.

They had a good deal on an HP a420n for $329. No monitor or printer. Win XP, 7-in-1 card reader, 512MB RAM, several USB2 ports, CD reader, DVD-ROM/CD-RW, 3.5 inch floppy drive, 2.16G processor and 160GB hard drive.

It was a good deal for me.

Stay away from any company that will not give you the orginal disks, and always ask for them. Learnt that lesson as my sister bought a computer from future shop :evil:

Make a long story short, She had so many trojans that the only recourse was to format the disk and I wanted the master boot record formated also. ....No Disks....Ended up having Future shop format the disk and reinstall the software.......Got it back, then I had to spend a couple of hours getting rid of all the junk they installed......not only junk but known spyware.......Weatherbug and a whole slew of others :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Most reactions

Back