Question about CSS--and Wordpress.

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*scroll to the question if you dont give 2-sh*ts about the long ass explanation*:lol:Thanks.

ok...I rebuilt my blog... well, am starting to anyways. :er:
After all this time the "narrow margin" on the theme I have selected is finally getting to me. ( see link for example )

I've tried many different theme choices to try and find a larger/wider view for pictures... all narrow margins. I even asked a close friend of mine(her blog -- If you care to see what im talking about as in example of what i want with the margin) who has the same theme how in the hell she did it ( she paid someone...which in turn--turned around and switched a few numbers.) SO, back to square one. :???: ( yes, I googled--now im stuck. )

After everything Ive found its led me to believe that the ONLY way to widen that margin is to modify the CSS Codes-- which apparently to change something as simple as a number.. ( it bluntly gives you the option to widen them ) you have to pay $15 a year. For the 'CSS upgrade'-- Which dont get me wrong--thats not too bad. But something I could do myself--charging 15 bucks a year to have that option. bah.:thumbdown:

My question, to anyone who may know what im talking about--or who knows CSS and Wordpress.. *HOW* do I or can I Widen this center margin without a charge? ..or is it even possible?
Does Blogger charge for that too?

Thanks in advance!

Then switch to blogger :lol:

You have to pay for that on Wordpress.

I like Wordpress better than blogger, so I just deal with the "narrow margin" and if I ever decide I'm sick of it, I'll upgrade to the CSS.

I was asking because I prefer wordpress over Blogger... and perhaps someone who knew more about this may have known a way around it.(without forking up 15 plus bucks a year.)

Last edited:
Can you access the css style sheets from your wordpress control panel? (it's under appearance>editor).

You might be able to change it from there (you can with most WP templates). I think your current width seems to be 641px, so search for any instances of that on you css stylesheet and change it to 800px or something.

I'm no expert at these things but that's how i usually do it. Trial and error.

Can you access the css style sheets from your wordpress control panel? (it's under appearance>editor).

You might be able to change it from there (you can with most WP templates). I think your current width seems to be 641px, so search for any instances of that on you css stylesheet and change it to 800px or something.

There are two different types of Wordpress. The OP is using wordpress.com which does not allow for code modifications. The link below explains in detail the differences between the two versions.

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org « Support — WordPress.com

I'm no expert at these things but that's how i usually do it. Trial and error.
You can go to > Appearance > Edit CSS... then it shows "Limit width to 426 pixels for videos, full size images, and other shortcodes" sooo... im assuming to widen the margin that would be where. However...Theres this
"The CSS editor lets you modify the visual style of your blog. You can edit your CSS and preview the changes for free. If you would like the ability to save your changes and make your design visible to the public, please purchase the Css Upgrade"

I *did* see that upgrade information in there. But guess I figured this ( like most things online) can be modified. :(

The CSS editor lets you modify the visual style of your blog. You can edit your CSS and preview the changes for free. If you would like the ability to save your changes and make your design visible to the public, please purchase the Custom CSS Upgrade." So, i guess theres no way around it.

There are two different types of Wordpress. The OP is using wordpress.com which does not allow for code modifications. The link below explains in detail the differences between the two versions.

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org « Support — WordPress.com

I wasnt aware there were 2 entirely different wordpress options. I am on the .Com, not.org... I read that link, Thank you for posting it.

Well you learn something new everyday!

Most reactions

Back