question about flash (cool pic!)

looks like he has a low flash camera right. um, buy ebay triggers and a wireless flash. viola.

I see 2 flashes, one camera right one camera left.

You can either A: do what the above poster said, or B use Nikon's CLS if you shoot Nikon.

I use CLS and have used it for bike races before and it rocks.

I have a Canon, so CLS is out. When you say triggers, is that so you can trigger the shutter hands-free or to trigger the flash?

To trigger the off camera flash. 3 brands are pocket wizards and radio poppers but there are many different options.

To trigger the off camera flash. 3 brands are pocket wizards and radio poppers but there are many different options.

There are 10 type of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't. :greenpbl:

OP - What's your budget? You can get a setup for $120 for two flashes and triggers. That's no lightstands or anything else and the triggers aren't the most reliable. That's also a set of used flashes.

That or you could step up to a setup that's about $510 for a very reliable set of triggers, two stands with adapters, and two new Sunpak 383's.

Or you could go with an uber setup that's like $1500. It all depends on your budget.

looks like he has a low flash camera right. um, buy ebay triggers and a wireless flash. viola.

OK, I've been out of this a while ...
there are a gazillion wireless flash triggers on e-bay -- direct shipped from Hong Kong. They're pretty cheap. Do they work?

I'm not too serious about buying any yet, I've just been looking into it some because I like the effect.

Thanks though

Most reactions

Back