Question about getting a new lens for landscapes…..

Submariner1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I enjoy doing landscapes and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to a better lens for an upcoming trip to Europe since I would like to create some sharp landscapes for printing from that trip. I was eyeing the Nikon 16-35mm. I'm currently shooting with a Nikon D610, Nikon 24-85 and 35 f/1.8 on a sturdy tripod.

Any thoughts or suggestions…...

I believe the 16-35mm is an awesome lens but it aint cheap, I would recommend you to consider the Sigma 12-24mm MkII which isnt a fast lens but its sharp and when bought used makes an excellent buy.
I got it practically mint for almost 1/3 of its new price, it is really sharp and I highly recommend it.
the 12mm sounds close to 16mm but it actually is a huge difference.

The 70-200 options can also be excellent for landscapes. Just depends on what you want.

I don't see why you wouldn't get the Tamron 15-30 VC if it is in your price range. Best in class lens in most ways.

Goodguy,
Thanks for your response! I can afford the cost of the 16-35mm or anything in that general price range so for me, getting a better lens that will give me a better image is more important than saving $$$…within reason :) I will read the reviews on the Sigma 12-24mm MkII.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I like using ND and polarizers…….
Oh, dont think the 12-24mm is best for filters, it has the curved end like the 14-24mm 2.8

Most reactions

New Topics

Back