Question about lightroom 4 comp ugrade (where LR3 purchased after early Feb)

cepwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I looked into the upgrade situation and apparently if you purchased LR3 > roughly 2/5 they'll comp you LR4. However they have this proviso in terms of receipts that can be used for proof of purchase:

Under invalid proof of purchase:
Receipts showing a product price that is discounted more than 25% off the Adobe retail or educational price

So if you purchased it on sale from B+H or Amazon does that invalidate it? (I only paid $89 and I know people jumped on the $69 price as well) I have a call in to adobe to get the strait answer (if I don't get the upgrade LR3 goes right back to amazon and I'll just get LR4.) Has anyone taken advantage of the comp upgrade???

Thanks

OK...adobe got back to me.....If you did get a great discount on 3 (> 25% off) you're *not* eligible for the free upgrade. So LR3 is going back to Amazon and I'll just purchase LR4 from adobe directly..... (since it's cheaper to buy a new copy than to pay $89 + upgrade)

I bought my copy of LR3 educational for $69.99 from Best Buy and it was eligible for the upgrade. To be ineligible it has to be a 25% or greater discount, and 20/89.99 = 22% so you should have been good to go. Oh well, seems like you got it to work out!

Last edited:
I paid $67 for the upgrade after my NAPP discount.

Most reactions

Back