Question about Lowepro Slingshot bag

my*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am considering getting the Lowepro Slingshot 100. Does anyone know if my Canon 100-400 lens lens will fit in it? I'm guessing it will not fit while mounted on the camera but will it fit in the bag? If not the 100 would the 200 fit it?

Most likely no.. Slingshot 100 is pretty darn small. My 200 will fit the lens unmounted. Lowepro now builds the Slingshot 300... check that one out.

Most likely no.. Slingshot 100 is pretty darn small. My 200 will fit the lens unmounted. Lowepro now builds the Slingshot 300... check that one out.
How tight is it in the 200? I'm trying not to get a bag that is to big but will consider the 300 if I have to.

I have the slingshot 300 and it fits my Nikon D50 with my 70-200 VR mounted. However if I add a teleconverter, it does not fit, then its just too long.

Its a great bag, my only gripe is that it slings over the left shoulder, I would have preferred it over my right shoulder.

I know that I can have my 80-200 mounted in the slingshot 200, but it's damn tight.

Whatever you do try to actually hold the bag in your hands before you make the final purchase. Bags on websites tend to look alot bigger than they really are.

I have the 100 and the 300. I absolutely love my 100, but it is small. No it will definitely not fit the big lens, mounted or not.

I find the 300 TOO big. It is the size of a major back-pack, but goes over a shoulder. I bought it sight unseen and wish I hadn't.

I have the 100 and the 300. I absolutely love my 100, but it is small. No it will definitely not fit the big lens, mounted or not.

I find the 300 TOO big. It is the size of a major back-pack, but goes over a shoulder. I bought it sight unseen and wish I hadn't.

Do you want to sell the 300?

I went and looked at the 200 today. I was surprised how small it was. It looks bigger on their web site. As long as it fits the 100-400 lens fits, I think that is what I will go with.
Thanks to all for their input

I own the 100, and its to small.
i also own the 70-300, and it wont go in the bag mounted on the camera...

i cant fit all my equipment in it :(

i want the 300 too, or another bigger one.... thing is im still likely to buy more gear!!! i need something to grow into LOL

Nah, I'll keep it for now.

I love the 300 it is the size of a book bag backpack maybe a touch deeper but it is big enough to be very versatile I can fit one large body dslr /5d w/ lens and another small body lumix fz 50 , e 400/ small lens another lens and 2 flashes all inside the main compartment it has another fairly large compartment that can hold all your cables chargers card readers books it is just well thought out every thing is handy yes it is a little big but it is all usable. so if you are wanting to run one body a big lens and have all your needed gear handy the 300 does work well the only thing it does not have a place for is my laptop but for 90 bucks verses 200 for the same kind of space it was a no brainier

I have the 200 and I found a cool post that talked about changing the configuration so that all slots were easily accessible without unzipping past the safety strap. I LOVE IT. It fits my 70-200 (not attached) my flash and two lenses. But it's REALLY heavy and seems pretty stuffed! So, now I'm looking at the 300 because I want the option to leave my 70-200 attached and I really think all I have in the 200 may be a bit too much weight for the bag. All that being said, does anyone know if there is an alternate configuration for the 300 as well?

This is my zoom "kit' packed into a slingshot 200AW. I don't quite remember if this is how the pads were organized when I first received the bag or if I had to change stuff around to make it fit. Never-the-less.. this is about the max weight I'm willing to carry in it. Although it is a "backpack" style bag, all of the weight is still on one shoulder. Its pretty tight...

canon 1vHS, 24-105mm L, 100-400mm L. There's a 50mm f1.4 in there somewhere too. Note that all lenses fit inside with the hoods attached...

130196320.jpg

But it's REALLY heavy and seems pretty stuffed! So, now I'm looking at the 300 because I want the option to leave my 70-200 attached and I really think all I have in the 200 may be a bit too much weight for the bag.

Just travelled to Alaska with my 200, and found that it was great in most respects. I took it on water taxis, long hikes, air taxis, long car rides, short hikes, etc, and it was fantastic.

My gripe is that, with only one strap, if I hiked over a mile with it, I would get a sore shoulder/back/hip. This was not the case with my 2-strap bag, since that distributed weight more evenly. The 200 has a cross-strap that helps but it's not perfect, I still had to tweak my posture on longer walks to compensate for the single strap. If you're going to stuff the bag full, think about a 2-strap bag as an alternative, if you plan to do a lot of hiking.

For short trips, it's awesome.

Also, I'm not sure why one strap is an advantage to anyone, personally I found myself taking it all the way off when I got stuff in/out of it, so I didn't think the "sling" feature was that helpful, but that's just me.

Most reactions

Back