Question about ordering from MPix

frXnz kafka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to order some prints from MPix, and I want to make sure of a few things first.

I'm going to be putting 8x10 images in an 11x13 mat. Should I submit 8x10 images and order 8x10 prints, or should I add a border for the mat? If I do add a border (making the total size 11x14) would I have to order an 11x14 print?

If you submit an 8x10 image, the resulting print will be marginally smaller than 8x10 after it's cut. Thus, if the opening in your mat is precisely 8x10, the print will have no overlap. I usually cut my mats about 1/8" smaller than the print so that I can adhere the print to the mat. If you add a border and make it a 11x14 image, you will pay for an 11x14 image.

Make sure you submit a 300 dpi image as well.

If you submit an 8x10 image, the resulting print will be marginally smaller than 8x10 after it's cut. Thus, if the opening in your mat is precisely 8x10, the print will have no overlap. I usually cut my mats about 1/8" smaller than the print so that I can adhere the print to the mat. If you add a border and make it a 11x14 image, you will pay for an 11x14 image.

Make sure you submit a 300 dpi image as well.

The size of my images made it so the 8x10 was 288 dpi without enlarging at all. Is this close enough? Or should I make sure it's 300? I've heard you can get good quality prints as low as 150 dpi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back