question about the forum...

zio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
okay, since the upgrade...big fan of it by the way, i can't post any photos. yes, i did look at how to post attachments, but when i scroll down, i don't see any "browse" buttons. also, under "posting rules" it says that i'm not allowed to post attachments...why is that? i've finally gotten back around to taking pics and would like to share them.

vbulletin will allow you to attach pics. but due to server and bandwidth constraints, we are still going to ensure people find a third party host and use the appropriate html tags to post the photos...

i hope i read your question right..

md

Zio,

Posting photos should be the same as it always has...you don't attach them, you have to link to them at an off site host (like photobucket)

i feel like an idiot now, just figured it out...before, you just clicked on the IMG button but now you just have to write it in...sorry for wasting a thread

zio said:
i feel like an idiot now, just figured it out...before, you just clicked on the IMG button but now you just have to write it in...sorry for wasting a thread

Follow this link until you get to the bottom. You'll find a section called Miscellaneous Options, Message Editor Interface. Select Standard or Enhanced to get back all the buttons on your posting screen.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Actually you don't have to hand type them in. I just figured out if you go to the advanced interface when you are posting a reply and click on the the little picture of the mountains in the style bar it will insert the tags for you. A window pops up and you just put your picture URL in there and that's it. It shows up in your text editor with the tags attached. Pretty cool.

zio said:

You are not an idiot, some of us just struggled quietly on our own. :guilty:

Most reactions

Back