Question about using a Remote for my T2i.

RinaldiPhotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone ever used this remote for their Ti, or T2i to shoot sports?

What remote? And why are you using a remote to shoot sports? There are so many issues with that idea. You need to be tracking focus in sports or the lens isn't going to focus fast enough and snap before the action has moved on.

What remote? And why are you using a remote to shoot sports? There are so many issues with that idea. You need to be tracking focus in sports or the lens isn't going to focus fast enough and snap before the action has moved on.
Amazon.com: Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote Controller for Canon XT/XTi, XSi, T1i and T2i Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
I was thinking of using manual focus for it, on a tripod in the photo well, while I am in the other photo well shooting.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon.com: Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote Controller for Canon XT/XTi, XSi, T1i and T2i Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
I was thinking of using manual focus for it, on a tripod in the photo well, while I am in the other photo well shooting.
So you are going to try to take a photo of you while you are shooting sports? TOTALLY different than shooting sports with a remote.
I'd use a wireless remote, manual focus and pre-focus having someone stand on the spot you will be standing on AND use the 10 second delay. Only because juggling the camera you are shooting with and the remote may be a headache. Press the remote to fire, lift the camera and shoot away. Should work!

So you are going to try to take a photo of you while you are shooting sports? TOTALLY different than shooting sports with a remote.
I'd use a wireless remote, manual focus and pre-focus having someone stand on the spot you will be standing on AND use the 10 second delay. Only because juggling the camera you are shooting with and the remote may be a headache. Press the remote to fire, lift the camera and shoot away. Should work!
No, what I was planning on doing was setting my Camera behind home plate and putting it on Manual focus after I get the right focus. I am wondering if there is anyway I can use my remote to take pictures of the pitcher. Another thought I had, was to put the tripod in the photo well, directly aimed at home plate to get the Swing around of the Right Handed batters, set on Manual Focus, while I shoot on the 1st base side and click the remote when the right swings around.
All help is appreciated,
Thanks

No, what I was planning on doing was setting my Camera behind home plate and putting it on Manual focus after I get the right focus. I am wondering if there is anyway I can use my remote to take pictures of the pitcher. Another thought I had, was to put the tripod in the photo well, directly aimed at home plate to get the Swing around of the Right Handed batters, set on Manual Focus, while I shoot on the 1st base side and click the remote when the right swings around.
All help is appreciated,
Thanks
Theoretically it sounds like it could work! It's the same idea as what I described shooting yourself, except without the delay. You are going to have to adjust your timing with the remote a little more than if you were shooting hand held. The time difference is fractions, but fractions can matter a lot in sports.

All help is appreciated,
Thanks
Theoretically it sounds like it could work! It's the same idea as what I described shooting yourself, except without the delay. You are going to have to adjust your timing with the remote a little more than if you were shooting hand held. The time difference is fractions, but fractions can matter a lot in sports.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I'll go to the Stadium for Open Practice and test it out then when hardly anyone will be around.

I believe the range for the remote is something under 20 feet. (Rated for 16 so you could possibly stretch it to 20). What's the distance between the wells? (I'm picturing it in my mind and thinking the range would not be enough)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back