Question about YinYan ext flash shooting red light!???

xstarx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi again
Ive got my YinYan "Remote flash trigger infrared yinyan" finally working BUT when i take a picture its shooting red light!!!???? What on earth is going on with it? The ext flash function settings eg ext flash func setting, ext flash C.Fn setting or Clear ext flash C.Fn still says "the menu cannot be displayed, incompatible flash or flash power not turned on"
I just dont even know where to begin to sort this out

On another note i have 2 umbrella type lights that are supposed to flash when i click my camera, like studio lights. But im not sure how this is supposed to happen, i dont have any instructions with the lights. I thought they were supposed to be triggered by the camera flash when it goes off but im unsure? how do most studio flash lights work?
So confused right now, any help would be appreciated

The term "infrared" means light at the infrared end of the "visible" spectrum, however if you are seeing it, then it is not really infrared, but red visible light. The red light is supposed to communicate with the second unit to trigger your remote flash. If it is not, then consult the operator's manual.

The studio lights are presumed to have a "slave" function which would trigger their flash when any other flash in the area would go off. Look around on the units for a little clear plastic window or bubble which would indicate the presence of a slave "eye". If your studio heads are functioning properly, they should "see" another flash and flash themselves. If not, consult your operator's manual as to why not.

Thankyou heaps i will try to find some info about them as nothing ive got came with a manual (a friend leant me everything lighting wise and i dont think he's ever used it but got it second hand)

Most reactions

Back