Question for D90 Owners

Hmm... so, what does the D3 owner yearn for? ;)

This? $42k 39mp Hasselblad?:confused:

HSCF39MSH2K.jpg

Good luck to you--I mean with the wife and all. That might be tougher than saving for 10 D90's. :lol: I bought my D40 in February, and I'm upgrading already too.:banghead:

I just bought a D90 from Cameta Camera through Amazon for $917 new. It is also noteworthy that the prices have been going up since the announcement of the D5000. The average price is approaching $1000, so you might want to move fast if you want a new one. I haven't checked in a few days, but all the "big names"--Amazon, Adorama, B&H--were out of D90s.

As for lenses, I have the same two kit lenses you have, plus the Sigma 70-300, 50 1.8, and a 30 year old 100mm AIS (which is incredible, BTW). I have a Sigma 18-50 2.8 arriving tomorrow, which pretty much makes my 18-55 obsolete, but I hear it's an awesome crop lens (it's pretty much equivalent to a full frame 24-70).

I hear that the Nikkor 80-200 2.8 AF-D is a great lens that can be had for less than half the cost of the "legendary" 70-200 AF-S. If you want to go AIS E series (my 100mm was 100 bucks, for example), it won't meter, but a quick way around that is to focus and meter with the 50 1.8, then switch to the 100 AIS--you'll have a good starting point from the 50 readings. Lots of great AF-D lenses for much less than the AF-S versions, and a lot of them are full frame(if not all--I'm not sure), so when you buy that D3X, you are all set! :lol:

I'm keeping my D40, so can't really help you on the reselling part.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response! I don't understand why the price would increase though with the release of a new model, not to mention the release of a strong competitor (the T1i), but I was kind of expecting around $900 anyways. I just saw the refurbs for $780 and I didn't know if anyone has had any luck with them. Do they come with the standard Nikon 5 year warranty? Anyways, I might have to sell my kit lens to get more to put towards and may end up having to get the d90 kit to replace, but we'll see for now. Thanks again to everyone for your responses.

Most reactions

Back