Question for Mac users.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my MBP when I want to delete something I highlight it and press apple delete. Presto it's gone.

On my imac I select it and delete.....nothing happens. The only way to delete something on the destop is to drag it to the trash..

Why is this...is there a setting I can change? I really like to use the keyboard more than the mouse. I wonder if this is a leopard thing?

I look under keyboard shortcut setting and couldn't find anything.

On my MBP when I want to delete something I highlight it and press apple delete. Presto it's gone.

On my imac I select it and delete.....nothing happens. The only way to delete something on the destop is to drag it to the trash..

Why is this...is there a setting I can change? I really like to use the keyboard more than the mouse. I wonder if this is a leopard thing?

I look under keyboard shortcut setting and couldn't find anything.

Damn Macs!...new keyboard on the way!

yeah , should have bought a PC.... ;-)

but no, seriously... for some reason i thought i heard something about keyboard issues on macs (i might be wrong though)

Yeah, there are still some issues with keyboards in OS X Leopard. Which is weird, 'cause there was a patch not too long ago that supposedly fixed that issue. There's not a setting that I can think of domromer, that would play a part in this. Actually, check System Preferences, I believe there is a preference for Shortcuts in Keyboard & Mouse, and maybe somehow, that shortcut got deleted from the list or got unchecked. That's the only thing I can think of, but that'd be weird for that to have happened. It's probably just a keyboard malfunction, which might be hardware, or more likely the software that Apple needs to fix, ASAP.

Yeah, there are still some issues with keyboards in OS X Leopard. Which is weird, 'cause there was a patch not too long ago that supposedly fixed that issue. There's not a setting that I can think of domromer, that would play a part in this. Actually, check System Preferences, I believe there is a preference for Shortcuts in Keyboard & Mouse, and maybe somehow, that shortcut got deleted from the list or got unchecked. That's the only thing I can think of, but that'd be weird for that to have happened. It's probably just a keyboard malfunction, which might be hardware, or more likely the software that Apple needs to fix, ASAP.

I reset the hot keys a few time to no avail. I've got a new keyboard on the way and a loner from the mac shop. The delete works perfect on the loaner.

I actually prefer the old stye mac keyboards. The new brushed metal keyboard is so small. It's like typing on a laptop. I'm old school. I like monster keyboards ala commodore 64!

i tried out one of the new keyboards and i agree, it felt too flat. But i sort of feel like it could be becasue the keys are flat, as opposed to most laptop keyboards (on PCs at least, i think macs might be flat too) are kind of shaped with a slight dip in them so your fingers find their place easier but something just didnt feel right about that keyboard

i tried out one of the new keyboards and i agree, it felt too flat. But i sort of feel like it could be becasue the keys are flat, as opposed to most laptop keyboards (on PCs at least, i think macs might be flat too) are kind of shaped with a slight dip in them so your fingers find their place easier but something just didnt feel right about that keyboard

That's funny. My wife bitched about the dip in the keys today. I've never noticed it.

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the new Apple keyboard. But now I don't even use it, I just use my MBP anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I don't like the new Apple keyboard as much as my MBP keyboard, but that's probably just because I'm used to my laptop now.

I heard the MBP and the new keyboard are identical with the exception of the added separate numbers.

I don't know. I got rid of my MPB the same night I got my 24" imac. Editing photos on a laptop sucks.

I heard the MBP and the new keyboard are identical with the exception of the added separate numbers.

I don't know. I got rid of my MPB the same night I got my 24" imac. Editing photos on a laptop sucks.

Really? Are you sure you don't mean that the new keyboard and MacBook's keyboards are identical?

Isn't that what I said? If not it's what I meant.

MBP Keyboard = Slim Imac Keyboard

Still off...MacBook has the same style keyboard.

MBP is MacBook Pro and it doesn't have the newer style. MacBook Pro's still have a traditional laptop-style keyboard, without the big ol' gaps in between the keys. Although, I find it interesting that the actual surface areas of the keys and non-surface area between the surface area of each key is the same on the newer keyboards as it is on the older keyboards.

we need a touch keyboard. that'd be a nice pain in the a$$ haha... i really hope it never goes that way... my ipod touch is almost a little too much touching for me. I cant change the songs without taking off my gloves in the cold.... woah, that was a tangent... those new mac keyboars sure look sexy though, i want one for my computer... (although its a laptop... and a PC)

There's no denying the sexiness of the new Apple keyboards, but I just don't know if they're functionally superior to a lot of other keyboards. They just aren't as easy to type on, even after you get used to it.

I don't expect a touch keyboard ever HAHA. Apple may love the touch thing, but they aren't that dumb...I hope. Multi-touch trackpads are pretty nice. The only touch keyboard I hope to see would be on a tablet Mac, 'cause it'd actually make a bit more sense. When you're talking about getting one for your computer, wired or bluetooth? 'Cause the bluetooth one not having a number pad really pisses me off.

Most reactions

Back