Question for other A700 users

MBasile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewbasile.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just upgraded to the Sony A700 from the A100. The shots seem to be turning out vastly overexposed though! When I load them into Adobe Lightroom the previews look fine, but then when it loads the full image its overexposed by a stop or more. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a setting on the camera, or perhaps the Lightroom software isn't that compatible with the A700 files yet? It happens no matter what the file type (RAW or JPEG) and no matter what the metering mode.

Any suggestions from non Sony users is welcome too! I'll try to see if I can repeatedly recreate the problem and pull out the old A100 as well.

I just upgraded the camera's firmware, so if I continue to experience the issue I'll come back and post the EXIF along with the shot

Here's the same issue, but the picture came out underexposed. You can see in the preview section (its the photo with the box around it) that the image came out properly exposed. It loads properly exposed and then automatically processes and comes out under or overexposed.

Picture2-6.jpg

Then the problem lies in your software, not the camera. Have you updated it? Are you sure it supports the new A700 RAW format?

Most reactions

Back