Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...about when you deliver a customers order to them.

Do you give the customer their order in an envelope, like the kind you get when you have a roll of film developed? If not, what do you use? I had three orders from one portrait shoot (mom and dad, gramma and grampa, and auntie all had separate orders!) ...anyway...I ordered them from shutterfly, each in separate orders so that they would be easier to sort when I got them in...and I ended up just giving them to the customers (they are friends anyway, so this time it's not big deal) in the shutterfly envelope that they came in. I don't want to do this in the future, because I dont't think it exactly looks professional. I'd like to hear what methods other people use.

Hi Cory,
I got some tips on the same thing, so this is not my unique idea:

I buy these pretty school type folders with the side pockets. On one side I put a personal thank you style letter and the cd with the images. I always put an image from the shoot as a label on the cd. And then I staple my card to that side as well. On the other side, I put the photos (the folders can hold 8x10s) wrapped in colored tissue paper and tied with ribbons.
That way, it's more like a present and people seem to really appreciate those little touches.
I figure for each set up, including the CD and labels and everything, It might cost me about $4.
Hope that helps!

Mpix ships in plain bags which has been perfect to me. I really like Cindy's suggestion though, wrapping in tissue paper with a ribbon would add a more personal touch. We also put the labels on CDs and use an image from the shoot as a background for the label and add the names & dates (usually wedding photos).

AlisonPower said:
Mpix ships in plain bags which has been perfect to me. I really like Cindy's suggestion though, wrapping in tissue paper with a ribbon would add a more personal touch. We also put the labels on CDs and use an image from the shoot as a background for the label and add the names & dates (usually wedding photos).

Cool, I just made my first order with Mpix last night...figured I'd test em out. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back