Question for pros

It obviously hurt my feelings a little, but it made me wonder if most pros feel this way.

Except for some Native American cultures westerners make competition a very big part of their businesses and lives. Part of the western idea of competition is squashing and/or out-doing those around them. Any reason recognizable or rationalize-able as a legitimate "wedge-issue" can and is used by those traveling the road of competition or as some say "climbing the ladder of success". Both are false concepts IMHO but that doesn't prevent the majority of westerners from participating.

So, yes, I would have to say whether or not they're/we're willing to admit it here in text, that indeed "most pros" do feel this way to some extent at least.

I don't feel that I take business away from pros as I advertise myself as a budget photographer for people who usually couldn't afford to go to a professional studio.

These weren't directed towards me, but another example I found on craigslist were some angry posts by photographers directed towards people who perhaps unwittingly took a job that was too difficult for them. The response was along the same lines.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject? I'm not looking for reassurance... just curious about the topic in general.

My advice as always is to ignore the idiots (including the federal government and "pro photographers" !!!) on such matters and do what you want to do within the realm of fair-play.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back