Question For Retouchers... Shoe Prints on Seamless...

ThunderRunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,
I did this shoot and didn't know how to control the shoe prints of the models on the seamless. Sooo...

I have a bunch of nasty shoe prints on the nice black and white seamless that I would like to make vanish, in as a natural looking way as possible. And in the most efficient way as possible, as I have around 40 pictures I would like to apply this process to.
Also, on the white seamless for example, can I keep the model's cast shadow near her shoes during this process.

$PicturesFebruary 18, 2012-2.jpg$PicturesFebruary 18, 2012.jpg

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!

I would probably use clone stamp seeing as it is all pretty neutral. It would take some time though

Thanks Jeff, I also have used the patch tool, which is a pretty awsome addition to the later versions of Photoshop. But just wondering how the folks how have Retouching down to science would approach these files. I am currently on PS CS4 by the way.

You have to ask the model to clean her shoe before she steps in. Also you can cut that part if you have more paper.

As for editing.. you make a selection and paint in the color you want. If you don't mind I applied it on your photo as below:

PicturesFebruary2018202012-2.jpg

during construction work they have big sticky mats, that they stick in front of door so as works come out of an area they are working on they step on the sticky mat, and the majority of dirt and dust and crud sticks to the mat. you could look into this and have the models step on it a few times before they step on the seamless.

Thanks Samerr, that seems like a quick way for multiple shots, but I feel the black becomes too dark and she seems to be floating.

Don't bother with all that cloning. Mask out the model and apply surface blur (not Gaussian blur) to the background.
Also, don't paint the background or you'll lose the shadows.

View attachment 10955

Exposure and WB are a bit off, so I would recommend sprucing those up. I would take
out the bright area at bottom left - and also open shadow details on the model.

View attachment 10956

Peano, that is pretty tight. I haven't used surface blur.

Your right about the Exposure and WB, I posted straight from camera shots so people could see the worst of the worst so to speak. Thanks for the ideas!!

select from the hips down and put in another layer. and use eyedroper tool to select the color of bg and brush with very soft brush to remove the marks. flatten

Attachments

• $PicturesFebruary 18, 2012..jpg
    $PicturesFebruary 18, 2012..jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 122
  • $PicturesFebruary 18, 2012-2,.jpg
    $PicturesFebruary 18, 2012-2,.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 133
Easiest way is to start with clean seamless. Masking tape on bottom of shoes if needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back