Question for you D7000 owners

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I Just got my D7000 a few days ago.....I was at a birthday party today at a Peter Piper Pizza and tried out the Scene-Party mode....

1. Noticed that on a few pics the shutter would only fire if I held down the button, and a few times it would fire after I started to release the botton.

2. Switched back into manual and it works like it should..

Common???? Or not?????

3. Also a few times when I hit the info button I would get the lighter blue screen and somtimes I would get a darker screen....Random???

I answerd .3....I guess when there is low light the screen converts to a darker screen....

Is AF turned on, both on the camera body and lens?

rgregory1965 is right about the LCD screen changing... it's automatic and can switch back & forth in low light.

Is AF turned on, both on the camera body and lens?

rgregory1965 is right about the LCD screen changing... it's automatic and can switch back & forth in low light.

Sure is.....I played with it more...and it looks like when the ISO goes lower when the scene requires it takes longer for the shutter to fire.

How is the ISO changing? It should be the same unless you change it manually.

It sounds like you had the camera in single shot focus mode. On a Nikon, I think that's AF-S.

In that mode, the camera won't take the photo until the lens has achieved focus. In a dark situation, it may take longer to get focus, so there is a delay.

But ya, RTFM.

You are probably in "quiet" mirror-up shutter mode. Switch the dial underneath the mode selector dial on the left to S or one of the "C" modes.

And the OP wanted D7000 owners only to answer (probably without the commentary).

Another cause of time delay between shots is having noise reduction on. In low light conditions NR becomes active.

If you put your D7000 in Scene then to party mode and pull up your INFO move the camera around and the ISO will change.......

thanks for all the info

While we have questions about the D7000 here is a good one. I just noticed that if a pic of the sky is taken using a low fstop like f3.5 the preview is ok and the liveview is ok -- no noticeable dirt spots. Now using a high fstop like f22 when the same pic is taken dirt or oil spots are visible and very black. These spots remain visible on the liveview until the fstop is lowered and a pic is taken. Then they disappear again. Any idea why they would remain in the liveview? When adjusting the fstop the spots didnt appear until after the pic was taken. Then they wouldnt go away until after the fstop was lowered and the pic taken.

Dust on the rear of the lens.

If you put your D7000 in Scene then to party mode and pull up your INFO move the camera around and the ISO will change.......
Because the amount of light in the scene changes as you move the camera lens around.

Most reactions

Back