Question here!! Anyone looking?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do some people animate their avatars? Like Nagala, who has a little "film running", for example?

I have played around a little with this picture and came up with five different versions that I would like to try out as "the-ever-changing-its-colours-avatar". Maybe it looks cool, maybe it does not. But I don't even know how to test this in the first place. Do I need some elaborate programme here at home to make it work (that I haven't got!) ???

Here are the five little pics. Any ideas any one how to go about it?

The idea would be for them to move from Idea1 through Idea5 and starting over again at Idea1.

Or maybe from 1 to 5 and 5 to 1? Hmph... don't know. I only have this idea but can't even imagine what it might look like.

Edit: And I don't know why I am forever struggling with the size of the fourth photo!?!?!?
It is downsized to 100x99, I know. But it shows so much bigger - on Photobucket and here. When I reduce it by 25% further in Photobucket, it appears tiny, almost not to be seen, but posted to here again it is larger than the others. How can that happen?

Aargh!

Hi LaFoto,

I think you'll probably get more help here as this is something that requires a special graphics program.

To make animate gifs you need a program like macromedia fireworks or adobe imageready. But there might be a couple of freebie programs out there that do animate gifs.

Hopefully someone here can help you out with animating your photos :mrgreen:

You moved this then? Thanks, Mark.
I didn't know where to put it.
Suddenly also the Image No.4 is the same size as the rest, too. A miracle...!

If you want I can do it up for you?

I dunno if Gimp can do the animated gif things will have to check that out.

It's a bit of a pain. You create a 5 layer image in Adobe ImageReady and then you set the animation properties for each image and what you want displayed. You then have to choose the compression type and other options.

It's probably easier to download something from Tucows to do it for you, but I think that the last time I tried they had nasty watermarks, which is why I had to figure out ImageReady.

Here's an attempt, with compression so you should be able to use it as an avatar:

lafoto.gif

Slightly higher quality:

lafoto2.gif

Mine's about 1KB more than rob's here.

halfsecond-OnetoFive-Loop.gif

If you want to use these. All you need to do is right click and save it somewhere on your computer and then upload it to tpf. Ta da. The actual animation is embedded in the file - so you don't need to upload 5 pics.

I forgot to resize mine... so it came out at 99 high as the fourth image was the WRONG SIZE grrr I didn't read the text above properly. :)

I've done it now and the second one is the same as yours.

R

Wow.
Thank you, you two!
Thank you so much!
So this is what it would look like. Hm. Do you like it? Myself I am now not so sure...

And it does require the possession and ability to use a special programme? Thought so. I serious lack in both... so double thanks. I am really greatful!

I might put it up for a day or two to decide if I like it...

Uh-oh! Now that is quite something else... but a bit too psychodelic for my age group ;).
Thanks again. It works. I'm still not sure how well I like my own idea, though. Must "see me" for a while...

OMG rob! quick take it down before she sees it! I don't think my eyes could handle it for too long.
That is so cool and very hypnotic!

Have seen it! Have seen it already! :) Your warning comes too late, Meysha :D :lol:

You could be right.

One day for this avatar.

Then back to the old one, I guess. Or a completely different one? Who knows...

Most reactions

Back