question on being new to photo editing

medic001918

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
I just had a quick question. I'm new to DSLR photography and have a Nikon D80. I've been shooting in .jpg, but am considering getting into some post processing and shooting in RAW format. I currently have the Nikon picture project software that came with my camera.

I plan to buy photoshop elements 5.0 but had a question of if the new Nikon Capture NX software is also required. I see that people tend to go from the raw format to capture nx and then to photoshop. Is this required? Or would just getting elements be sufficient?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a happy new year.
Shane

Nikon Capture is not required for PS, but I'm not familiar with Elements, sorry. I use Nikon View to download from the chip to the computer. Then immediately close Nikon View and go to PS CS2. Double clicking on the image opens it in Adobe Camera Raw.

FYI - It doesn't support Nikon D80 NEF files.... if you want something similar try Adobe lightroom - the beta version is available for free trial.

FYI - It doesn't support Nikon D80 NEF files.... if you want something similar try Adobe lightroom - the beta version is available for free trial.

If you mean CS2 then it sure does. I use D80 NEF files all the time with it.

Most reactions

Back