question on Laptop screens

freeze3kgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, i've noticed when i try to photoshop on my laptop *only computer* the colors look good on my laptop but turn out sooo much darker when they print. My question is are there any programs or ways to help to get a more accurate pictures off of my laptop screen?

Yes and no. You can go out and buy calibration hardware to calibrate your monitor, however laptops are not good for editing. Not that they don't have the power, the screen on a laptop changes every time you open it. Slight changes in angle change the color and contrast that you see on the monitor.

The best way to solve this issue is to get and external monitor and use it when editing. The monitor will stay at the same angle and will provide superior results to using the laptop monitor. You will still need a hardware calibration device even with a separate monitor.

Keep in mind there is more to getting WYSIWYG when printing, but that is a whole nother thread. You can get pretty close however.

thank you very much for the quick informative reply.. Sigh i was afraid of having to buy another monitor.. :( .. guess i'll just buy a desktop , wanted to get window's 7 anyway .... thats what i'll tell the boss lady anyway :D

Gryphonslair99 is right, but it might also be where you are printing them. I've noticed a huge difference if you're just using the self-use machines at wal-mart or cvs or something. They all vary with their color quality.

If you get Windows 7 watch out for the windows picture viewer. It royaly screws up my color in my photographs. Thought it was the monitor at first, but the shots look fine in every other program, just really horrible in the windows program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back