Question on reflections

wyldkard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zcampphoto.com
I'm visiting my parents for a couple of days and while looking at some of their Christmas decorations I noticed a clear glass square bowl full of shiny red and gold glass christmas ornaments. Basically they're the standard round old school type ornaments. I kept staring at it thinking of how cool it looked. So I grabbed my camera and got zoomed in close and noticed that there is a reflection of me and my camera in each ornament. I'm not really worried about the reflections of the room and surrounding scenery, but the reflection of me really stands out and takes away from the shot in my opinion.

I really don't want to have to photoshop every reflection out. Does anyone have any tips on what I'm wanting to accomplish? Maybe take it from further away so the reflection isn't so big? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know what type of camera you got. If its an slr, I would say look for the longest focal length lens you can maybe borrow from someone, or buy, if your willing to spend money on it (don't really think you're willing to drop a lot of money on taking just one photo.)

If its a point and shoot, I'd advice to zoom in all the way, and try to stand as far back from the ornament as possible. The further away you are, the smaller your reflection will become. If you camera is digital, you could even stand so far back that the ornament isn't frame filling anymore, and then crop it back to a full frame on your computer.

You've kind of answered your own question there! The easiest way to do it is to either stand in a shadow or to use a longer lens and get further away. Don't forget to use a tripod if you're using a longer lens indoors.

Rob

Here's one of the better ones. Happy Holidays!!

christmastime.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back