Question + Pic: Blatant PS edits

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just processing some of the pics from the wedding I did last weekend and was going through the reception pics now. The reception was at a local fire hall which made for a poor background for any decent shots (bingo material, fluroescent lighting, etc). I was wondering if you folks who did weddings ever take creative liberties and just do flat out blatant photoshop work and include it in the pics for the couple. Here is an example of a before/after shot I took. Comments appreciated.

IMGP3567Dbefore.jpg

IMGP3567Dweb.jpg

I usually do it with a few photos unless the B & G have specifically mentioned that they don't like that sort of thing. If I really tweak a photo I usually also show them the untweaked version too.

I like your idea, although I think it's a bit heavy handed on the vignetting. i don't mind it going to black in the corners, but I think the brides dress should be brighter.

I agree. It's a bit dark for me. To help get around that in the future, try using as wide an aperture as possible to blur out the background. In this shot, you should be able to blur the background fairly easily in PS. It's not my preferred method, but you don't have many options after the fact.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back