Question re: Flashpoint 320M Strobes / Remote Trigger

mwooding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, thanks so much in advance for the help here. I recently acquired a set of 2 of Adoramas 320M monolights. I tested them out and the first time they worked great. I went to use them again, and for some reason I can't get the second light to slave to the first. I have an extremely basic off brand wireless trigger that plugs into one of them, I believe you're supposed to be able to set the "sync" option to "on" on the second light to get it to slave to the first, but it's just not working. Both lights "test" fire fine, or fire as the primary light fine. Any ideas whats going wrong here? I'm getting a bit frustrated. :p

Are you using the strobes outdoors? Most slaves don't work well in bright conditions. I would recommend using a wireless receiver for each strobe.

It's possible, but unlikely that the slave cell has gone bad; they're pretty reliable. Set it up so it's in slave mode and then test-fire the other strobe directly at it and then switch around. If they both fire both times, all is good, and maybe the cell isn't quite as sensitive as it should be, or you're in a bright area. If it doesn't....

Most reactions

Back