Question regarding Adaptor

OcLove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, just had a question, if by chance anyone has ever used one of these attachments before. I'm assuming I might hear a lot of negative comments towards it. But I'm still curious if anyone has used one before. ??? Thank you for your time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they work pretty well. Nikon Ai,AI-S, and AF, and AF-D type lenses, the ones with aperture control rings on the lens itself, work pretty well on Canon EOS bodies with this type of simple adapter. I have a dozen of them that I bought affordably from e-Bay in a case of 12, plus a couple singles. WIth Nikon lenses on Canon EOS cameras, there is proper focus to infinity, as well as up to the lens's standard closest focusing distance.

Here is a page I made a few years ago, showing how this type of adapter works adapting Nikon lenses or lens accessories to a Canon camera.

Nikon Lens To Canon EF Body Adapter Demo Photos Photo Gallery by Derrel at pbase.com

Oh wow. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it. Now I have a question. I have a Nikon 50D and the lenses I have is a 28-80 and a 75-300. Would this adapter I showed u work on my canon 450 xsi camera. (The lenses I have for my canon is 18-55 and a 50mm)

Would my 75-300mm that's for my Nikon 50D work on my canon xsi with this attachment ?

If the 28-80 has an f/stop ring on it, it will work on the XSi with that type of adapter ring. I am assuming that it *is* this lens:National Camera Exchange: NIKON AF 28-80MM F3.5-5.6 D

The 75-300 is an older lens, and as I recall it DOES HAVE an f/stop control ring on the lens, so it too ought to work on the Xsi.

You will need to focus the lens manually, by hand. You will need to close down or open the lens f/stop by hand. But those lenses WILL take pictures on an XSi with that type of adapter, yes.

I have this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back