question regarding canon 20d \ aeb

mxracer32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.easterndirt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so im bored and want to try my hand at an hdr image. i really feel like they are over rated these days but the first time i saw one i thought it was amazing. id like to do a few for an upcoming honeymoon i will be on this spring in the caribbean, and figured maybe i should practice!

so i go to setup my AEB on my 20d for -2, 0, and +2 exposure, but when im at that menu, i cant figure out how to 'set' it at the 3 expsosures. i can get the screen to show a small line under -2, 0 and +2 but i cant get it take. ive pressed every button it seems but it always reverts back to just one exposure, sitting at the middle\zero mark. what am i doing wrong? i bought the camera used and did not recieve a manual...i guess this is my wakeup call that I should pick one up from fleabay....

When you have it set to AEB u have to have continuous shooting on. At least that's how it is with the XSI.

There is also a custom function where you can set whether on not AEB resets or not. You can download a pdf of the manual at the Canon website.

I have been in the Caribbean this summer myself and let me tell you, it was amazing. You will forget everything around you that has nothing to do with the beauty of the island and your environment and just want to take a picture of everything at any time. that is, at least, what happened to me. You will have to take a lot of pictures if you want to get the perfect and right impressions captured on a marvelous picture. I shot about 350.

Hi there,

This is Tony here; a newbie to your circles. Although, am new here, yet I'd want to participate in cam's discussions with you guys, as am also a big fan of Canon, because of its quality imagery and video-graphy. I have been using my canon 20d for photos and little video clips, while I was at a holiday trip with my little world at the Caribbeans two years back, and I really found amazing results. I'll show you some generic snapshots later sometime that I made with it at +1 exposure. I think you guys should also try it at +1 to get quality results. Good luck!

Hi there, i’m new to slrs specifically this canon 20d. I just chanced upon this camera while cleaning out my brothers stash he’s not using anymore. I have a few questions regarding lenses to be used for mid range moving subjects under the sun. I’m a car enthusiast and i am watching a local race so i would like to know what to lens and setup to use. I’m rather excited to shoot a blurred background-still car photo. Thanks!

[FONT=&quot]Hi!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’m conscious about a possibility of focus shot of moving subject too. I have to drop the importance of aesthetics and the composition of my shot while trying to follow a moving subject with the focusing dices or capturing moving subject that are all in the center of the frame. Feel like I am chasing and even so it still comes out of focus. Sometimes I’m shooting moving subjects and dig up them in on the left edge of the frame in regards to composition. So bad composition because keeping the targets on the subject and camera still let me down with a blurred shot.[/FONT]

This slr is great. I was able to try the canon 10d, 20d’s younger brother. And i was amazed how 20d faired against the other. the older one’s autofocus was inaccurate and i couldn’t help but notice was fast and accurate the autofocus was. One disadvantage i could think is how the battery drains fast. It costs quite a lot to replace the battery compared to the newer breed of slrs.

Rather than digging up an old post, try starting a new post for your introduction and any new questions you might have.

Hi guys, its tony again. I am occasional diver and i would like to know if someone has tried submerging their slr underwater. Could you recommend an underwater case that can guarantee protection and at the same time still be budget-friendly? I’ve been using a point and shoot and am disappointed with some pictures which come up really poor. And could you recommend a setup which i can avoid orbs and those nasty water dust.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back