Question regarding radio slaves...

WhyteMyke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.methanolmusic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was recently handed down a White Lightning Ultra600 and an Ultra1200, as well as a softbox (wanna say 3'x3') I was wondering what might be a decent starter setup as far as getting a couple of radio slaves, transmitter, and battery/power supply to use these lights on the go, and at home in my studio.

A friend of mine has a couple of Paul C. Buff 16 channel slaves (cant remember what transmitter he uses,) and uses them with his Alien Bees lights (I think the 400 series,) and I like the setup he has. I can't find them anywhere to purchase. In addition to these two lights, I also use an SB-600 (shooting with a Nikon D7000.) Ill ask him tonight when I see him, but I also wanted to get some insight from you guys too. I want to take my career into the "Modeling" aspect of shooting (in studio and on the go.)

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Look HERE!

First line! They have everthing you need...

Good luck!

Damn, I feel like a complete jackass now lol! Thanks! I wasnt sure if the Buff products had to be ordered direct from them or if there were other places to get their products (B&H or Adorama, etc.)

Are there any other companies that one would suggest? My budget is good to purchase what I need from Buff, but I'd like to take as many opinions into consideration as possible before I settle.

Yes, right from the Paul C. Buff site, you can get 'Cyber Sync' radio triggers and 'Vagabond' portable power packs.

There are cheaper options for radio triggers, but reliability may be an issue with the cheaper ones. Wireless Trigger - Gadget Infinity

Thanks guys! I've got my "cart" filled and will be placing my order very soon!

Another quick question...

All of my above inquiry is related to my "on the go" lighting...

As for my at home studio:

I plan on using the same lights and soft boxes. As of right now, I have a White Lightning RC-1 remote, but since Im still new to the lighting aspect of things, I am not 100% sure as to how it would work with my camera for in-studio shooting.

I hooked the lights all up to the remote and played with them (using the "test" button and using the sliders, and everything works perfectly.) So what I was wondering is what do I need to get for my Nikon D7000 so that I can hook up my Sync cord and use the remote in unison with my camera (like the wireless transmitter "commander" would do for my on the go setup)? Just a standard shoe adapter with a PC (i think thatsa the right term,) port?

Sweet! Thanks for all your help guys! Cart is full and being checked out! Thanks again for your help, can't wait to get my new toys and start playing around!

Most reactions

Back