question regarding rogue flashbenders

capricorn10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I often shoot at an event center with a 100 foot ceiling, which means no bounce.... it's often poorly lighted and i make it work with a t3i pushing 400 to 800 iso, a moderate shutter, and a medium aperture of 4.0, sometimes i use my 50mm 1.4, they are often group shots for the paper so I have to use my 17-40. I use a 430 with a gary fong attached but im curious at the prospect of using a rogue flashbender to create a bounce. would the rogue be a better route.
I live in a small town with older people so I dont really want to hit em with direct flash, lots of wrinkles and areas on face begging to catch the light in unflattering areas. I work 5 part time jobs that all involve photo or video so at this point im trying to streamline the work flow, wanna stay out of lightroom if possible. Just looking for a way to light things better, all photos go online as well as in print so thats reason for me posing the question.
I hope 2014 treats you well.

I've never used the Fong gear, so I can't compare it, but Flashbender gear works VERY well.

I have a few Rogue Flashbenders and love them.
I shot this at the Tampa Aquarium in one of the tunnels.
NO light except for ONE blue spotlight in the ceiling and the light from the tank.
I used an SB-700 flash on camera and a rogue flashbender.
the flash head was turned backwards facing slightly upwards with the flashbender directing the flash to the ceiling to avoid direct light hitting the glass and causing reflections.
I like the rogues because they basically hold their shape whichever way you bend them, and our larger one can be rolled into a snoot.
great product, and not horribly expensive.

$aquariumwedding.jpg

Another vote for the Rogue FB.

should i go big or small for a 430 exII flash? are the diffusion panels needed?

And this is why I already love TPF. I had never heard of Rogue FB, and likely never would have. Got to be the coolest idea I've seen in a while.

/me scurries off to check my funds. So many things on my list...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back