Question-taking a photo for a holiday card

JoanneD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone! Every November I take a photo of my girls (yes, dressed up in their Christmas dresses) and use it for our Christmas card. That time is of year is quickly approaching. I use my D80 and the kids usually cooperate. I prefer natural light and take the photo outside. Last year, I photoshopped a background in.

I am looking to take photos again of them dressed up and am looking for new ideas on how to pose them. A couple of things that have limited me the past few years is 1) they have different complexions-with one being fair skinned and the other medium complexion and 2)They are four years apart, but the height
difference is great. I also like to get in as much of the dresses and possible and don’t take close ups of them sitting down.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to pose them to break out of the rut I have been in the past few years. Should I try a shoot at another location? Should I consider a photoshopped background again? Any creative suggestions would be appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back