Question to D7000 owners, are you going to upgrade to the D7100 ?

No, because there isn't much of a reason too. It's just a slap of new paint. My D7000 isn't even close to it's max shutter cycle anyhow, only about 10% there. :)

Don't think I will be upgrading my D7000 either. Had it been a D400 with 8-9 fps, bigger buffer and pro handling the story would be different. I shoot a lot of fast paced sport, so I like the reach of a DX camera but really wanted something a bit faster than the 7100.

I guess I'll just spend my money on the Sigma 120-300 f2.8 now.

Dont think i would upgrade . I am more than satisfied with my D700 , D7000 system. Versatile and efficient .

I find it very interesting that most replies to this thread mention an upgrade to FF next. Yet many folks are upset this wasn't a D400. Would/will that impact the upgrade path of d7000 owners? From this thread it does not appear so.
I personally feel that the D7000 is about as good as DX is going to get and for a substantial upgrade, I'll have to go to a Full Frame setup with all the expensive lenses that go with it. The price break between DX and FX is getting more narrow. Like I said, if and when I upgrade my D7000 it will probably be the upgrade to the d800 or d600. The only glass I'm gassing for these days is a 70-200 f/2.8 VRII and it is FX so I won't be buying anymore DX lenses anyway.

Last edited:
The one, single thing that I would like to have is the Mode dial release that the D7100 has. I found I've moved the dial accidently when shooting on my D7000.

No way, buy yourself some sharp glass instead, you'll be much happier

The one, single thing that I would like to have is the Mode dial release that the D7100 has. I found I've moved the dial accidently when shooting on my D7000.

Agreed, it's so easy to bump the dial on the D7000. The other thing I'd have liked to see addressed is the placement of the ISO button, why couldn't it be assigned to one of the programmable buttons that you can use without having to look for it?

Most reactions

Back