Question to you DC-Meet-Uppers!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,813
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who wants anything brought from Germany?

Someone wanted chocolate ... it is here on my desk now, waiting to be packed, and if that someone was MyCameraEye and he is going fishing instead of coming then ... well, no German chocolate for him. If it was Jocose, start looking forward to it.

Hobbes wants the latest Guano Apes CD ... not here yet, but certainly on my to-do-list!

Any other wishes?
Anything you think you can only get from Germany?
I might bring some - unless you say "A Mercedes", or "A BMW"... it must be fitting into a regular suitcase.
 

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
4,807
Reaction score
42
Location
at work...
Website
www.fatephoto.com
MmMmMmmMm... a few of those KinderEggs candies with the toy inside if you get the chance. I'm sure I could make up a whole list but I wouldn't want to fill up your suitcase by myself. :D
 
OP
LaFoto

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,813
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Überraschungseier!
OK. That should be possible (must think of some container in which they won't break... think-think-think ... It'll be ok).
 

jocose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
3,059
Reaction score
118
Location
dans la pissoir
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hhmm...Jo Cose isn't a big chocolate fan, and hasn't been to Germany since before the wall fell, so he can't really remember much...but as long as you bring Corinna, it'll all be good :)

Thanks for the offer though! If I DO think of something I'll let you know!
 

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
31,799
Reaction score
5,438
Location
In the mental ward of this forum
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Between me, Alison and Corry, somehow I'm thinking the German chocolate will be greatly appreciated.....but that's just a guess. :lol:

I would love to try some! :thumbup:
 

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
21,168
Reaction score
110
Location
North Central Illinois
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
terri said:
Between me, Alison and Corry, somehow I'm thinking the German chocolate will be greatly appreciated.....but that's just a guess. :lol:

I would love to try some! :thumbup:


:drool: :drool: :drool:


(does that answer your question?)
 
OP
LaFoto

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,813
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bier?
A bit heavy? What with my "photo equipment" and all the Überraschungseier and the 70% cocoa-chocolate (it is not very sweet! Be warned, ladies!)... I think we'll have to leave the Mercedeses and BMWs and Bier at home :(...
 

jocose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
3,059
Reaction score
118
Location
dans la pissoir
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hobbes28 said:
I brought bier back once... I don't blame you for not doing it Corinna. :D

I remember one time when I picked up my ex from the airport...oh, wait, I think it was my folks actually--whatever, anyay, I was at the airport and we were waiting for the luggage to come around the carrosel (SP), and all of the sudden it reaked from rum...I mean it was like we'd just walked into a bar...it was awful. It turned out that folks standing next to us had just gotten in from Barbados, and had 2 bottles of rum in their bag...well, they WERE bottles when they left Barbados...when they arrived at Baltimore they were just shards of glass, really...
 

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
4,807
Reaction score
42
Location
at work...
Website
www.fatephoto.com
jocose said:
I remember one time when I picked up my ex from the airport...oh, wait, I think it was my folks actually--whatever, anyay, I was at the airport and we were waiting for the luggage to come around the carrosel (SP), and all of the sudden it reaked from rum...I mean it was like we'd just walked into a bar...it was awful. It turned out that folks standing next to us had just gotten in from Barbados, and had 2 bottles of rum in their bag...well, they WERE bottles when they left Barbados...when they arrived at Baltimore they were just shards of glass, really...

I was terrified of that happening to my case. I packed it in foam then used that expanding foam spray stuff to extra secure it then wrapped the thing in cardboard and hoped for the best. It all made it back great but weighed about fifty pounds when it was all said and done. :p
 

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
97
Location
Houston, TX
Website
jwdphotography.com
Wow, what a generous offer!
Well, if it's not too much trouble, I've always wanted an authentic German Bier Stein. I know they can get a bit pricey, and I will be more than glad to pay you back in DC. PM me if you can do it so I can get a feel for the prices :)

Oh, and the chocolate sounds amazing too. I can't wait to meet you...and practice my German! :p
Auf Wiedersehen!
 

jocose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
3,059
Reaction score
118
Location
dans la pissoir
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
clarinetJWD said:
Wow, what a generous offer!
Well, if it's not too much trouble, I've always wanted an authentic German Bier Stein. I know they can get a bit pricey, and I will be more than glad to pay you back in DC. PM me if you can do it so I can get a feel for the prices :)

Oh, and the chocolate sounds amazing too. I can't wait to meet you...and practice my German! :p
Auf Wiedersehen!

JD, don't forget my remote control...how much do I owe you?

Can I get a young, hot, German babe?







OK, it was either me or Bace who would ask, so there you go...I beat Bace to it :mrgreen:
 

Most reactions

New Topics

Top