Question with shooting anytime/ anywhere?

Nikoncs4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I recently bought a Nikon D90 and have been having some camera shake/ blurring when shooting around. I noticed when I shoot in program mode and play back my image while zoomed in, I can notice some blur and distortion. However, when I switch to Auto mode and snap a picture, it comes out perfectly clear. Why is this blur overriding my photos? I understand a tripod is very handy for clear shots, but I have seen countless photos by friends shooting without tripods where all detail is very visible. Id there something I am not adjusting when Shooting? Thank you for taking the time to read this question.

Few things...
In auto, camera controls ISO thus at high ISO you can shoot at higher shutter speeds thus less of shake, but more can be discussed if you provide either an exif data comparing images from PROGRAM and AUTO modes or specifying shutter, iso, aperture for both (auto and program) recorded images.

Iso possibly ? Auto mode adjusts your iso, program does not.

Post up some examples with the settings for the image so we can see what is going on.

I would also think that ISO is the issue, but cant confirm until we see the P mode and the Auto mode images

Even in P mode (or any of the others as far as that goes) you can have Auto ISO enabled (default setting if I remember right). So unless that was changed I'm not convinced it's ISO related... could be the use of flash as well.

Most reactions

Back