Question

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was told before that there are no stupid questions, so here goes....:lol:

Can you photograph the dust particals in a stream of sunlight? I've never tried it and I don't recall ever seeing a photo like that anywhere.

I was just standing in my semi darkened hallway as the late afternoon sun streamed through the door window and I watched the dust particals floating in the light. There is something relaxing and pretty about it. The thought crossed my mind about photographing it, but by the time I got the camera out the sun was gone and I'm not quite sure how to go about capturing it anyway. I know how to catch the light, but will the dust particals show up?

Just curious.

LoL. I guess it's possible.

Sanding_dust.jpg

LOL - not exactly what I had in mind though.

I was told before that there are no stupid questions, so here goes....:lol:
...I was told once that although there are no stupid questions, there are a lot of stupid people who ask questions...:lol:

(No, I'm not saying that you're stupid)
LOL - not exactly what I had in mind though.
I think I know what you have in mind, and yes - it's possible.

Not mine, so here's a link: Something like this?

To capture the actually particles, I think you might have to get closer. Less dust would probably make it easier too.

...I was told once that although there are no stupid questions, there are a lot of stupid people who ask questions...:lol:

(No, I'm not saying that you're stupid)

I think I know what you have in mind, and yes - it's possible.

Not mine, so here's a link: Something like this?

To capture the actually particles, I think you might have to get closer. Less dust would probably make it easier too.

:thumbup: Yes, that is what I'm going for, but with a more transparent look so the tiny dust particals can be seen. Closer huh? Hmmm, something to play around with I guess. Just my luck, think its supposed to rain tomorrow. Thanks

Most reactions

Back