Question...

Deminia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey.. new here and I want to post my photos. However, I'm lost as to how to get them in digital form without losing their appeal in the translation. The work I want to get online is b/w imagery printed in the darkroom. I've tried scanning but can't deal with the lines and crap that shows on the images.

Is the only way possibly rephotographing on a copy stand ? Or just taking digital shots ? or a combo of both? Any suggestions would be helpful. I'd like to stay as true as possible to the photo... however, I do have photoshop and can tweak a bit to get back what is needed.

Thanks in advanced!

~Demi

I am not an expert with computers or digital equipment ... but I have scanned a bunch of my B&W prints and imported them to my photo site without the problems you described.

Then again maybe my scans are not of the quality you are attempting to attain ... but if these seem okay to you ... then maybe there is a problem on the scanning end of things or your compression methodology.

Gary

Sample 1:
28693845-L.jpg

Sample 2
28689844-L.jpg

I would check your scanner like Seefutlung said, but if that dosn't work you may want to try scanning in the negative at a fairly high resolution, if your scanner will do it, and then process in photoshop.

Ok thanks! Maybe I'm setting my resolution just too high and it's wanting to scan everything including what's on the other side of the lid ;) hehe

Thanks again!
~Demi

Most reactions

Back