Questions about a group portrait...

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a friend that wants me to do a portrait of her whole family for her mom for Christmas. This normally would be fine but, it's 5 adults, 3 kids and 3 dogs!! I am comfortable with both kids and dogs, however I don't know how to pose them. Most likely we will be outside. I am going to try to make it early morning so that it is sunny but not directly overhead. Any posing suggestions or examples for me?! Greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

One theory (and I think it's a good one) for group photography is to look at where the faces are placed in the frame and arrange them in a pleasing way.

Check THIS out.

Sorry about posting in the wrong place =/

Wow, great ideas on that site. So I definitly should bring some benches or chairs along if I can't find a log...

Hi Jamie,
Definitely bring different props to sit your group at. Hopefully the children are old enough to stay where you pose them because you are going to have your hands full with the dogs. If you are shooting digitally take lots of photos, because you will probably have to do some photoshop work with the kids and dogs. If the children are young I would take pictures of the group first without the dogs because they will be a distraction for the children. Like I said you can take a seperate picture of the dogs after and add them in with photoshop. Good Luck, maybe you will get lucky and pull it off without any distractions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back