Questions before purchase on new cam kit

wow ya i am now looking else where to buy the camera that really sucks the price was awesome

The D7000 is a wonderful camera and you are right to go with it.

I personally would recommend going for the 18-105mm
70-300mm VR
50mm 1.8G
The 18-200mm is trying to be many things and I have read its a bit of a soft lens.
The 18-105mm is a great basic everyday lens and the 70-300mm VR is a very sharp lens up to 200mm and even though its getting a bit softer as you getting up to the 300mm it is stil very good and very usable.
The 50mm 1.8 is in my eyes a better prime lens then the 35mm and I think more usable.
Why do you say the 50mm over the 35mm lens i listed?

I will confese while I do own the 50mm I dont own the 35mm but from reviews and commend from our fellow brothers and sisters here on this forum the 50mm is a sharper lens, it also is very good for portraits and from experience when outside it is very good for everyday shooting.
Yes the 35mm is a wider lens but I think for general use and good IQ the 50mm is hard to beat.

Ok roger that i will go with the 50mm then, im still looking for a new d7000, ive never bought something that expensive refurbished. What do you all think?

Most of my camera gears were bought used or refurbished. They were all great. My 1 year old 7D is a refurbished camera directly from Canon.

I always get weird about used and refurbished I always feel like it will break or sumthing

I would NOT buy a cheap tripod and expect it to be good. Instead, buy a cheap tripod and expect it to be barely adequate. In line with that, do not spend $180 or so on some no-name brand tripod; the cheap Dolica's are what $59-$79 will get you. For that price, you're getting a marginal piece of equipment; I think that for $189 and a no-name brand, you;'re getting the same quality of tripod AND a nice reaming from the seller. For the kinds of uses many amateurs use them for, I fully understand the value of the $59-$79 Dolica type pods; basically a camera holder for selfies and group pics.

Don't waste time on the D90. That ship sailed years ago.

Most reactions

Back