Questions Fisheye Canon EOS Rebel XTi

R0TT3NBURIT0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know much about lenses, but it looks like a fisheye to me. Did you take the shot?

haha no. i would know if it was a fish eye then. haha. i just need a lens like this w/o the black around the edges, looks sloppy with those...

haha no. i would know if it was a fish eye then. haha. i just need a lens like this w/o the black around the edges, looks sloppy with those...

right, but I figured if it was your friend in the shot that you would know the person who took the shot and could just ask them, but thought that if you took the shot maybe you were just messing around with some lenses and didn't know what lens you had.

Yea i know the kid, but he doesn't know the the lens the kid had who took the shot.

that's definitely a fisheye lens. i'm looking to get one for my rebel XT as well. But I'm only finding them for $500 +

A 'real' fish-eye lens will cost you a pretty penny.

Canon has a 15mm fish-eye but it was designed for film (or full frame digital) so while it will still work on your camera, it will probably be rather expensive and it would loose a lot of it's width on your camera.

Sigma has a fish-eye lens that is designed for cameras like yours, it's much wider at 8mm...but it's also quite expensive.

Alternatively, you could get something cheap, like THIS. The image quality will suffer, but for $40...it may be worth it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I dunno I need something with some good qulity, but if i can't offord i'll look into something like that.

thank you, Mike

I bought the cheap one, just to see what it was like for the price

:) thank you

Okay I don't really know how long it will take for it to get here, in Florida. The person(s) who's shipping it lives in Canada, but all of thier customers seem to be satisfied with their fast shipping, so I think I'm in good shape. If this topic is still up, and I can find it. I will take a picture just for you guys! haha

:)

Wow, I was looking for one as well.
Subscribing to the thread, looking forward to a couple examples. :)

IMG_1546.jpg

l_78adfd873fd910449102a187a63c7972.jpg

l_da443f13e4e0a212ae95ca2d3950373c.jpg

I'm the owner of these images this time. haha

Beastie Boys!

hehe.. sorry that's all i can think about when I see a fish eye.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back