questions on finding maintenance and repair manuals for old minolta film camera

scythefwd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, pulling the wifes old Minolta xg-7 out of the closet. Hot shoe seems to work, the shutter works when I put batteries in it, flash worked right, winding lever seems to be functioning right...

Now the one problem I have found.. I have a fuzzy line across the center of the view finder. Moving my head around relocates the fuzzy line, and its not on the mirror or on the focusing plastic. This indicates that its ONLY blocking the viewfinder. Can someone point me to a takedown on this camera so i can see if I can fix it?

I've got a 50mm and a 200mm lens for it.. and I plan on getting an adapter to use it with my q mount system on my pentax digital. No, I dont expect great pics from those lense with that pentax.. I just dont know enough about the manual photography to get er done.

Thanks for any info you can give me on that camera body, especially about the removal of the view finder...

Ok, pulling the wifes old Minolta xg-7 out of the closet. Hot shoe seems to work, the shutter works when I put batteries in it, flash worked right, winding lever seems to be functioning right...

Now the one problem I have found.. I have a fuzzy line across the center of the view finder. Moving my head around relocates the fuzzy line, and its not on the mirror or on the focusing plastic. This indicates that its ONLY blocking the viewfinder. Can someone point me to a takedown on this camera so i can see if I can fix it?

I've got a 50mm and a 200mm lens for it.. and I plan on getting an adapter to use it with my q mount system on my pentax digital. No, I dont expect great pics from those lense with that pentax.. I just dont know enough about the manual photography to get er done.

Thanks for any info you can give me on that camera body, especially about the removal of the view finder...

Sounds like separation/de-silvering in the prism. That's really not something you can fix. With respect, these cameras are practically worthless now--I saw one recently go for $2.25 with a 50mm lens on eBay. Minolta lenses are quite good, so I'd simply look for another body if the line is really annoying. Sorry.

If you were to sell it, the lens is far more valuable than the body. The lenses are popular due to the explosion of small mirrorless cameras on the market, where these can be adapted and infinity focus. I have an XG-SE that belonged to my grandfather, and it's really only worth five bucks or so, but it's worth a ton to me.

I don't think is the prism... I can shift my eye position and the bar moves in the viewfinder. If it were the prism... Wouldn't I be looking at the same image with an unmoving bar?

Most reactions

Back