Questions Regarding SLR

virtue_summer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm considering getting my first DSLR (a refurbished Canon Digital Rebel) and wanted to ask a few questions.

Okay, I've never used an SLR camera in my life. My current camera is a Canon A530 compact camera with very limited manual controls. One of the things I noticed is that it only allows me a choice of two aperture settings (say 2.6 and 5.6) for any particular scene. I just finished reading Bryan Peterson's book Understanding Exposure and it sounds to me like one of the advantages to having an SLR camera would be the freedom to use a wider range of aperture settings. Am I correct in this?

Second, the camera I'm looking at is not listed as coming with a manual. Is there any way to get a hold of a camera's instruction manual when it doesn't come with one? Even with my current camera I had to read the manual to figure out how to set some of these things up (I had no idea how to read the light meter until a few weeks ago!) so I'm assuming I would probably have questions about how to operate the Rebel too.

If anyone can help answer my questions, I would definitely appreciate it.

I have a canon camera and I was abloe to download the manual fro the canon web site, have a look on there and see if you can find one.

A dslr will allow you to do all kinds of great things, I am saving for one at the moment and cant wait to get my hands on one.

Be careful where you buy your camera from make sure you check out Resellerratings.com if you are buying on line, just type in the store name in the store name box and check out the ratings!

1. yes, your correct

2. go to canon's website and you should be able to download a manual if it doesn't come with one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back