quick advice

milosmyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all

I am in Dublin, Ireland and am going to a 50th birthday party in our local pub tonight. At this moment it is dirty, overcast, rainy, horrible weather here, as usual, and tonight is to be no different.

So I will be taking my pictures indoors under very low pub lighting. Would love to get good group and family shots..

Any advice??

I am using a Fuji Finepix s6500 (great camera) with 28-300mm zoom lens

milo

unless you can manage to have people still for about one minute, like in the old days, you are going to need a flash. you're talking about not only indoors but more than that, an Irish pub, and that is low light.

don't shoot the flash directly, since it would rather ruin the pictures. try to bounce it or at least diffuse it.

if you have no flash, then you would have to go with the highest ISO, and still... the lens you mention is likely not very fast, so can't see how you could manage without a flash

thanks panochos but the finepix has a pop up flash. can I break it up with some tissue

thanks panocho but the camera has a pop up flash. Could i diffuse it with some tissue on the flash...

thanks panocho but the camera has a pop up flash. Could i diffuse it with some tissue on the flash...

Exactly! If you only have built in flash, the best way to soften harsh shadows from it would be using some white tissue or sheet of paper. Don't forget to test it well before so that you get used to it for the best results.

Most reactions

Back