Quick battery question

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I decided to cave and buy rechargable batteries for my flash.

For best recycle time on the flash should I be looking at lithium, alkaline or what?

Thanks in advance.

Also make sure you cave and buy a good battery recharger - nothing kills rechargable batteries faster than a cheap charger. Many of the ones that come with batteries, the small recharger kind, might charge really fast, 1 hour, 30mins; but they'll fast kill the life of the batteries they are recharging - esp with regard to flash batteries which generally operate on fast recycling (ie shoot-charge-shoot-charge etc..).

Maha/Powerrex make a good range of charging units and whilst they will cost a fair bit, they save you a lot in the long term as you don't have to keep buying regular AA batteries on the fly when out shooting (because the rechargable ones have died) and you also don't have to buy new rechargable batteries either for a long time.

I hear ya, Overread. I looked at them, the ones that charge individual batteries rather than in pairs, and while not really expensive they aren't in my budget right now. A four pack of rechargable AA (I went with the sanyo eneloop nimh) + cheesy-charger is about $15, so the price is okay for now. In the future, if I get more serious about it, I'll definitely invest in a better charger.

Aye when you come to choose consider something like the Maha C9000 if you've rechargable batteries showing age or which have been through a lot of the fast recharging cycles. Whilst it will only do 4 at a time it will recondition rechargable batteries really well and give them a whole new lease of life.
They also make a few 8 recharging cell units - might sound overkill, but good recharging can take many hours (slow power trickle is far more healthy for the batteries) .

For sure. I've seen a lot of people mention the Maha name, so definitely will look into that when the time comes. Thanks again. You're everywhere :)

Most reactions

Back