Quick hand held focus stack of Box Elder Beetle

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was taking some macro abstracts of some flowers... and noticed this little guy sitting on the fence. I kew he would be gone by the time I setup tripod, rail, etc... so I just braced against the fence and changed focus via the focus ring on my 105 Macro. (19 images stacked). It is not perfect.. but shows a little of what can be done shooting stacks by hand ( I should have shot another 10 images at least).

$2013-06-01-13.11.55-ZS-PMax-CROP.jpg

I can see one maybe two bands missing; but 19 is very impressive to try handheld - I tend to stick to maybe 3 or 4 when doing a handheld burst of shots. You could probably cut the rear most shots (where the 2 missing parts are) and just keep the face in focus as that appears to be complete.

I can see one maybe two bands missing; but 19 is very impressive to try handheld - I tend to stick to maybe 3 or 4 when doing a handheld burst of shots. You could probably cut the rear most shots (where the 2 missing parts are) and just keep the face in focus as that appears to be complete.

Yea... I was in a hurry! lol! I may play with it some more later...

That's really cool Charlie. I would like to some day try my hand at that. When that day comes I'll be calling on ya. :hail:

That's really cool Charlie. I would like to some day try my hand at that. When that day comes I'll be calling on ya. :hail:

Anytime.. will help all I can! Main thing is to brace as steady as possible, and move the focus in very small amounts!

This was a hand stack also.. and I have posted it before. Just took my time with this one!

Dianthus-with-Rain-Drops by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back