QUICK I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm shooting an Indian(like from India, not native. sorry if i'm not being PC, I really don't know the actual religion) wedding this weekend.

Not sure what the customs are. I know for one, they're not allowed to kiss, or hug or anything. And she can't sit on his lap? It's been explained that there's a few things I have to capture like the bride cousins getting paid off by the groom or something?

I don't know. I know nothing of this type of wedding so if anyone can help me out with some tips or things to capture I would greatly appreciate it.

Luv you!

Paul

Tough three day shoots I hear. When are you doing this? I have a few friends that might be able to help you with this. They are beautiful ceremonies, but from what I hear, some of the hardest.

I'm only going for the big ceremony?

When everyone shakes their hand after vows?

My friend briefly described it, but he was very vague.

You might shoot Dan a PM, I believe he's done many of Hindu weddings :)

I have done Indian Christian weddings but not any Hindu weddings as of yet. Both are totally different. :)

'Hindu' is a broad term. The rituals and functions vary from region to region. Cindy's link gives you a typical picture -
elsaspet said:
I'd suggest you have a word with the family; preferably the elders.

This wedding was weird. Nothing seemed to flow. Bride and groom were totally uncomfortable. I think it was just a really cheap wedding.

The food wasn't even spicey. What the hell kinda Indian food ain't spicey.

Meh. I just hope I get paid now. The guy from work who is paying me is really shadey.

Im sorry that your first wedding shoot wasnt all that great for you!!! It doesnt help either when U arent having a great time and understanding the way its suppose to go then chances are your photos may show that.. HOW did they come out??? I HOPE they came out good!!! When U can do share a few :)

I haven't even checked them yet. I'm sure there's some gems in there, but they couldn't really pose for any shots. And the family was always like "take picture", over and over. I must have taken the same picture over 100 times.

Such a waste. I couldn't meet or speak with the bride until the day of the wedding. And the groom who is a friend at work, had no idea what he wanted. I basically just stood around while 50 family members were taking pictures of the same thing with stupid digital camera's. One was even using their phone camera. Like...you see this giant thing in my hand...it's called a real camera. That means I'm get the eff out of my way.

....*breathes*

bace said:
I haven't even checked them yet. I'm sure there's some gems in there, but they couldn't really pose for any shots. And the family was always like "take picture", over and over. I must have taken the same picture over 100 times.

Such a waste. I couldn't meet or speak with the bride until the day of the wedding. And the groom who is a friend at work, had no idea what he wanted. I basically just stood around while 50 family members were taking pictures of the same thing with stupid digital camera's. One was even using their phone camera. Like...you see this giant thing in my hand...it's called a real camera. That means I'm get the eff out of my way.

....*breathes*

:hug::

Most reactions

Back