Quick portrait

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother was over during the holidays and while my studio is not yet set up completely, I did have a couple of lights in position so he "struck a pose" and I took this shot. No planning or anything. I realize the image is rather flat and "blah" so looking for general comments, critiques, etc. Would particularly like to know how to avoid the shiny highlights on his left cheek bone and/or how to correct in PP. This image is directly from the camera.
Thanks
Ron

IMG_6031-72dpi.jpg

I like it, I don't think it's bad at all. I would leave it alone. I think it looks real not Photoshoped to h#ll and back. It may not be what most call art but it is a great shot , I think. There is no way I would do anything to it. I realy like it.

I hope this is okay with you. I photoshopped it and this is my result

port2.jpg

This is what I did...

1.) I took the healing brush and touched up all the shiney parts on his face and some other parts on his face.

2.) I went to layer> new adjustment layer> levels and set it to these settings:

Input Levels
RBG 9 1.05 247

Red 5 0.93 246

Left green and blue alone

3.) Then I made ANOTHER Levels layer ontop of that and put it to these settings:

RBG 11 1.00 238

Red 13 1.07 249

green 0 0.97 250

blue 10 1.00 244

and thats it..

Don't mind at all and Thanks .. looks much better. I'd like for you to explain how you came to these particular settings? It looks much better.

I just went to the levels and played around with the settings (there are little arrows towards the bottom that you can slide back and forth) until I found a setting that looked good in my eyes. Sometimes to add more contrast or maybe some more colour I add another layer and then play around with those settings.

I'm sorry I can't help you out with not having the glare to begin with, but I have never used studio lighting like that. :(

Most reactions

Back